The central focus of the Malaysian Government’s Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) is to advance our countries development to high-income status by the year 2020 by focusing development towards 12 identified National Key Economic Areas (NKEA) of interest to create an economic microclimate geared towards the hyper production of skilled technical talent and inventive professionals who can flourish in an increasingly competitive global market.
Aim of MyCenTHE
The Malaysia Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Education (MyCenTHE) is an institution aimed towards improving the quality of tourism and hospitality education through collaborative partnerships between domestic public and private sectors, referred to as clusters, to guarantee large-scale economic growth within the national industries of tourism and hospitality as part of the Malaysian Government’s Economic Transformation Programme (ETP).
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Quality of Workforce: Increase Student Numbers to meet National demand.
- Quantity of Workforce: Increase Share of Diploma Graduates in Workforce.
- Cluster Success: Scale Cluster Model to Multiple Hubs.
- Rural Reach: Extend Education, Jobs and Business Opportunities to Under Privileged Areas.
- Income Per Month: Increase Monthly Income.