One of the ways that MyCenTHE will lead the way in transforming Malaysia into an international hub for tourism and hospitality education is by further generating the academic infrastructure needed to provide students with real-time experience and viable employment opportunities.
The Future of Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 1.8 Billion Tourist Arrivals are Forecast by 2030.
- Over 800 New Hotels and Properties by Marriot, Accor Hotel Group, Hilton, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Shangri La Hotels and Resorts etc.
- 283,983,000 Jobs 2015 and 356,911,000 Job Opportunities by 2025
- 500,000 New Jobs in Malaysia and 80,000,000 New Jobs Worldwide by 2020
Work-Based Learning (WBL)
Our unique system of Work-based Learning relies on partnerships between domestic public and private sectors, culminating into cooperative clusters. These clusters set new standards for tertiary tourism and hospitality education and vocational training by adequately equipping students to excel within multiple mediums and industries, domestically and internationally. The Work-based Learning initiative aims to create an interactive curriculum designed to empower students with real-life knowledge and training needed to increase productiveness and job attract-ability. In addition to giving students the opportunity to earn allowance as they study, the WBL programme gives MyCenTHE the opportunity to collaborate with other industry leaders to improve the quality of service professionals and increase the country’s tourist appeal.
- Bachelor of Hospitality Administration (WBL-Mode)
- BA (Hons) Event and Tourism Management (WBL-Mode)
- Diploma in Culinary Arts (WBL-Mode)
- Diploma in Hotel Management (WBL-Mode)
- Diploma in Leisure Management (WBL-Mode)
- Hotels and Resorts
- Restaurants, Catering and Commercial Food Companies
- Airlines, Cruise Lines and Other Transportation Companies
- Travel Agencies, Tour Operators and Consulting Firms
- Business Meetings and Event Planning Companies
- Convention and Exhibition Centers
- Leisure, Recreation, Theme Parks, Sports
- Clubs and Casinos
- Spa and Wellness
- Entertainment, Concerts and Theatre Companies
- Museums and Other Cultural Venues
- Real Estates, Hotel Designs and Development, Technology, Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Destinations and Attractions Management Associations
- Environment and Cultural Tourism Development Associations
- Ministries of Tourism, Culture and Conservation